AutoCAD barbecue?

domyrat

I want to build an outdoor brick charcoal barbecue so i decided to ask for help :) So does anyone have a dwg or schematic how to build one of those? Any help appreciated.

domyrat try here http://www.cadforum.cz/catalog_en/?q=barbecue

One of the drawings might be a starting point.

I built a brick barbecue years ago. A rectangular slab, bricks on 3+ sides.

Used a rectangular barbecue, steel, set in the top like a countertop stove.

Worked very well.

A local brick supplier most likely has plans for the asking.

Hm.. thanks for the pics. I don't have any experience in building barbecues, but i told myself I WANNA DO IT :) So the will is here, idea for the look of it is in process.

I meant something like that what you mentioned Tankman, with maybe modification with ash bin. So steel grill for meat, steel grill for coal, and ash tray for ash. Question is how to arrange bricks, how many layers, height? What's for foundation, and how to mix it? What tools do i need?

And first thing is to make it in acad :)

Hm.. thanks for the pics. I don't have any experience in building barbecues, but i told myself I WANNA DO IT :) So the will is here, idea for the look of it is in process.

I meant something like that what you mentioned Tankman, with maybe modification with ash bin. So steel grill for meat, steel grill for coal, and ash tray for ash. Question is how to arrange bricks, how many layers, height? What's for foundation, and how to mix it? What tools do i need?

And first thing is to make it in acad :)

There is a huge amount of info on the internet to help you. Here's an article that I googled up with "How to build a brick barbeque" - first hit, http://www.doityourself.com/stry/buildbrickbarbecue . It is mostly text but will give you an idea of the scope of such a project.

Check out HGTV dot com and DIY network dot com for video or photo tutes.

I suggest trying to find a source for cast iron grillwork in the size you decide on. Steel will soften, sag and rust in a season ro two. There are replacement cast iron grills for manufactured gas types available at some big box stores. You could size your project so one or two of those will drop in on ledges.

Wowie, I love home improvement projects. I have a couple dozen of my own going on.:lol: (for years).:o

my input, a brick is 2"x4"x8",a slab should be at less 6" or more. the height should be like a counter top of your kicthen 32".then the width 2' to 3',lenght 3' to 4' all depend on how many steaks that you are going to cook for us!! draw it in cad frist get a look of your project. i have a couple more ideals. i been work on deck in my yard how i know what do with all extra brick laying in my yard. good luck

We did a stainless steel grill that used barstock welded edgewise.. it warped like it was nobody's business. It still functions, but it doesn't look nearly as nice as it did when we started.

We don't dare take the grill part out when it's hot, because there's a fear it might not fit back in there when it cools off.

If it were my project, I'd set-it up to accept replacement grill trays that can be purchased at the store, and a place to run propane from, giving you the option to use the propane if you wanted to.

I'd set up an ash tray and a grease trap separately too.. Even if they're just removable trays.

I'd also suggest using "investment" brick and mortar. The stuff chimneys are made from.