LISP program for inserting block selected layer (points) only

cadamrao

Hi

I’m using (INODE) LISP for inserting standard blocks in CAD drawing at selecting topo survey points as per our project. Daily I inserting different name of blocks in different (at points) layers. I used this LISP for inserting blocks; the selecting block placing in all layer points in CAD drawing. Anybody can help LISP program for inserting block selected layer (points) only.

amr

Do you have civil 3d it allows for auto insert blocks based on point codes.

Do the points start life as a xyz file and does it have a description per point then you could auto insert blocks based on description

This is what always confuses me. If you have to read a point file and insert coordinates into CAD with labels and specific blocks (based on point description, I assume) on specific layers (based on block name), why hasn't your company purchased software to perform such an action?

I don't mean to sound pompous, but I see this same problem all the time and it just confuses me.