Horizonal Alignment Lisp Inquiry

runner214

Is it possible to write an autolisp to assign a horizonal alignment (to a drawn line) with stationing in standard Autocad? Included is dwg to better explain my request.

Have no experience with autolisp.

Thanks for the reply Alan, I may have mislead by my post, am not looking for a verticle profile, just horizonal with stationing tics.

My question concerning horizonal alignment with stationing tic locations would be used for staking a curb line for a small road resurfacing job, manually offsetting points (both left and right of centerline at stations), and recording the current elevation to compare to a proposed elevation.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Alan, I may have mislead by my post, am not looking for a verticle profile, just horizonal with stationing tics.

My question concerning horizonal alignment with stationing tic locations would be used for staking a curb line for a small road resurfacing job, manually offsetting points (both left and right of centerline at stations), and recording the current elevation to compare to a proposed elevation.

Any help is much appreciated.

What I said still stands.

Thanks, I guess it is not possible, sorry for tying up the board. New to this.

It is possible and don't apologize. Help is why this forum exists and you should remain and contribute. :) However, in such a situation, it's always best to inform one of existing software.

OK runner214, both alanjt and lpseifert were having their fun, and giving you every assistance short of actual help.

The reference to vertical software is not to do with road elevations, but rather to do with software based on AutoCAD, but specifically written for a particular application, like Road design.

So the suggestion was to purchase software which will do what you require, rather than to ask for something to be written for you.