Too Long Copy And Paste... What Is Problem?

kasra

Hi all.

I have a permenent problem with my old project Autocad files.

First, i describe my problem and then try to attache a dwg file for test.

Description:

I 've drawn some landscape details about 1 year ago by using some chair and tree blocks that i get from internet.

After that, whenever i used that details in my other projects files, these files got so big size and worked so heavy and if it needed to copy some entities from these files and paste them to another new files, it got a long time to do this. (for example in the file attached, if you open a new drawing and copy two intities exist in that file and paste them to new drawing, it longed over 10 minutes for me).

(One solution suggested to me, was making dxf file. but it didn't solve my problem).

Please help me what i can do for solving the problem if it is possible.

so sorry. the file i tryed to upload, has 2.1 mb size and by zip has 650 kb size and i can't attach the file. although it contain just one line ane one lwpolyline that i drawn in file and purge all extera entities from file.

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPP.

Did you try purging the drawing files?

Did you download and install Update 1 for AutoCAD 2010?

Have you check to see if the problem is SCALELIST related (overly long)?

What version of AutoCAD were the original drawings created with?

Did you try purging the drawing files?

Did you download and install Update 1 for AutoCAD 2010?

Have you check to see if the problem is SCALELIST related (overly long)?

What version of AutoCAD were the original drawings created with?

yes. I purged the file, but no answer.

I 'm using 2008 for 4 years.

i cant understand what u mean?(Have you check to see if the problem is SCALELIST related (overly long)?)

try using WBLOCK, selecting only the stuff you want to take with you.

thanks Mike.

by using wblock, the size of new dwg file created decrease to 1.2 mb. but the copy and paste the entities from the file created to the new file, take so long time and it is working yet and not finish.

Do you use annotative scaling? Yes or no?

Your profile says you are using 2010. That's why I asked about Update 1.

If you are actually using 2008 then your profile is incorrect.

Did you download and install all updates to 2008 as they became available?

I use 2008 for 2 years. but currently I perefer 2010.

I don't get any update for 2008.

I thought there is a problem in my drawing and it is not related to update.

I 've drawn some landscape details about 1 year ago by using some chair and tree blocks that i get from internet.

After that, whenever i used that details in my other projects files, ...

Could this be related to the copy/paste bug that existed in version ?2004? If the original blocks were made and included the bug, would they continue to have the problem?

Can you edit each of these blocks and redefine them using your current version, then insert them into a new drawing and see if you still have the problem?

Glen

when i copy only 1 object and paste it to other new file, all volume of my ram computer is occupied and i can do anything.

can i mail my test file for you to have a look at it?

What version are you using right the very minute?

Is this the version of AutoCAD you are having the problem with?

I don't think the OP knows what version he is running at the moment.

Could this be related to the copy/paste bug that existed in version ?2004? If the original blocks were made and included the bug, would they continue to have the problem?

Can you edit each of these blocks and redefine them using your current version, then insert them into a new drawing and see if you still have the problem?

Glen

maybe it related to what you said. but rightnow, i have a dwg file that have no blocks and etc. just have 2 objects (one line and one lwpolyline), cause i purged all extras in file. altough if it contain just one point object, it do similar act when copy and paste the point.

What version are you using right the very minute?

Is this the version of AutoCAD you are having the problem with?

I don't think the OP knows what version he is running at the moment.

see here for version.

version.jpg

Change your profile then.

I just checked an independent source. Copy/Paste problems in AutoCAD 2008 were addressed in Service Pack 1.

Copy/Paste and Copy/Clip problems have surfaced in several releases of AutoCAD. These problems are usually taken care of with a Hotfix or in a Service Pack / Update.

Thoughts/suggestions:

1. Copy everything out of the block into a brand new (blank) drawing and save (overwriting the old block) and see if that helps.
  2. Insert the problem block into a new drawing, explode, purge, audit, purge, audit and recreate block.

I've had blocks become corrupted. I could open them and copy the content, but if I tried to insert them, it would just crash the computer. I just copied the content to a new file (copyclip 0,0,0) and overwrote the original and it fixed everything.