Plat Map Project

autocad2010

You should make the block of the tree on layer "0"

Select the tree that you wish to scale, scale that tree alone.

Have you reviewed the scale instruction? F1 provides a good explaination.

You do not wish to scale the lines also.

IIRC, I drew the tree on layer 0 to full size, then made the block.

When I inserted them, I made them a uniform scale with a value of 1 for X,Y and Z

You can also lock all the layers except the two tree layers while you are doing this.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Car5858

• autocad2010

• jdneal88

• ScribbleJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But the instructions requested that we use a certain layer, not 0. So now when I open the plat, the trees are colored. Did I do the block wrong? I'm almost done, just rescaling then a border for the plat and that woudl complete the proj.

But the instructions requested that we use a certain layer, not 0. So now when I open the plat, the trees are colored. Did I do the block wrong? I'm almost done, just rescaling then a border for the plat and that would complete the proj.

Yes you are correct about placing the tree on a different layer.

The plat map and trees should be drawn at 1:1 scale. then rescaled to .667. If you do one block on layer 0, explode scale it to .667, then make it a block again, this will redefine all of the tree blocks in the drawing.

If you do happen to select the line, hold down the shift key, and click on the line to remove it from the selection.

Page 15 AutoCad Commands Blocks and Layers

• 1 month later...

Another one wanting the work done for them rather than trying to learn how to actually do it themselves. Do you truly expect to make it in the work force by not applying yourself? Or do you expect your future co-workers to do your work as well?

scribble j what i meant to ask for was just a little help on some kind of example i never asked anyone to do it for me. ive been working on it with a engineer at work and he is unclear on some of it on what they are asking for... and as far as this pertaining to anything in my workplace it doesn't. the closet i get to autocad is reading loop drawings i will never make any drawings myself so nobodys gonna do it for me because i wont be needing to do it.. sorry for the misunderstanding...

I have been working on it with an engineer at work and he is unclear on some of it.

What part of the instructions are you having problems with?

(Page and paragraph would help)

i was having some trouble with the trees but we got it figured out today.. i appreciate your willingness to help me though....thanks

• 3 weeks later...

hey car5858, do the lots end up having trees in them?? ive put in the trees to remove and some of them were in the lots but i didnt think anything about it but i started on the trees to save and s15 is in the corner of lot 7. i dont know if i have the lot wrong or something else. ive only got 26 of them in so far.

thanks

joe

I just took a look at the drawing. S 17 in not near the lot.

(1421511.32,783581.92)

Attached is a screen shot of where it should be.

What are your unit settings?

Is your bench mark in the correct location?

S 17 Location.JPG

Sorry to have miss read your last post, after rereading I see that I thought you were refering to S 17 instead of S 15.

Here is the correct position for S 15 (1421502.96,783650.72)

Make sure you have the unit precision set to max while putting in the trees. (Increases the position accuracy)

S 15.JPG

thanks buddy. thats where s-15 is on mine also, i guess i was thinking that if they were in the lot they must be to remove.... when i get where i think im getting close to done with it would you take a look at it for me??? i need a good grade on this.

thanks

joe don

Yes I will take a look at the drawing for you. Let me know when you are ready.

Do Not post the drawing, otherwise someone will use it as there own work.

im getting there im stuck now on the part where it says to activate the layer called trim and draw a 24"x36" landscape border for trimming. i didnt make a layer called trim or am i reading into this wrong????

thanks again

joe don

i added a layer called trim and put the trim lines on it unless someone tells me otherwise the only other questions i have is with the row layer. is this the right of ways???? do yall put anything in the title block besides the oleson village title????.

Car 5858 could you send me an email and ill send you my project.

thanks all for the help.

joe don