Edit Text button on the Modify II toolbar

Numerics

:) You're welcome.

i don't want to create a whole new thread to ask this, but in my text book, it says i need to select the 'edit text' button my modify tool bar, but it isn't on my modify toolbar (autocad2010), do you know of any way to get to it other than that?

1. To begin the tutorial you should be in AutoCAD, with

07DWG01 displayed, with the TITLE_BLOCK view

restored.

2. Select the Edit Text button on the Modify II toolbar.

At the Select an annotation obj ect

or [undo]: prompt, select the DRAWN BY:

text. The Edit Text dialog box appears.

3. Change the text in the Edit Text dialog box to include

your name, shown in Figure 7.33. Click OK.

4. When the Select an annotation obj ect or

[undo] : prompt reappears, select the APPROVED: text.

The Edit Text dialog box appears.

It is better to start a new thread - there might be somebody else wanting to ask the same question but won't see it here.

I NEVER use the toolbars. Nearly everything can be achieved by double clicking the object in question.

However, if you are learning and have been told to use the toolbar....

On my ACAD 2008 the edit text button is not on either of the modify toolbars but can be found on the Text toolbar.

It is better to start a new thread - there might be somebody else wanting to ask the same question but won't see it here.

I NEVER use the toolbars. Nearly everything can be achieved by double clicking the object in question.

However, if you are learning and have been told to use the toolbar....

On my ACAD 2008 the edit text button is not on either of the modify toolbars but can be found on the Text toolbar.

i'm sorry, next time i will create a new thread, i just felt like it was too simple of a question to create a thread for, but i didn't see it like that, and THANK YOU! i found it because of you ^.^

Typing "ED" and selecting the object should cover all the bases also, but double-click is the way to go.

Using "ED" comes in very handy when you have to edit text over a viewport. Sometimes, no matter how many times I try to double click a piece of text, it will only activate the viewport instead of giving me the text editor. It can be very annoying, but knowing I can always resort to "ED" is very comforting. :)

Using "ED" comes in very handy when you have to edit text over a viewport. Sometimes, no matter how many times I try to double click a piece of text, it will only activate the viewport instead of giving me the text editor. It can be very annoying, but knowing I can always resort to "ED" is very comforting. :)

It's the only thing that gets my 3yo to sleep at night....Damn if that were only true.:?