"Straight" is not supported on this computer

TheyCallMeJohn

:huh: So I started getting this error and no one in our office has seen it before. This followed after a recent update of Autocad and happens when I try to adjust some of our dynamic blocks. I have tried AUDIT, PURGE, different versions of the block, and copying the blocks to a new drawing. So I am at a loss of what to do... I have attached an image of the error.

Straightnotsupported.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

John

:huh: So I started getting this error and no one in our office has seen it before. This followed after a recent update of Autocad and happens when I try to adjust some of our dynamic blocks. I have tried AUDIT, PURGE, different versions of the block, and copying the blocks to a new drawing. So I am at a loss of what to do... I have attached an image of the error.

[ATTACH]19298[/ATTACH]

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

John

Has someone 'got at' your computer?

NBC: No were not using MEP, but thanks for the try.

MikeScott: I too can "Google" and I found that link but the information did not make sense. Pretty sure it a chic because it has random decides to stop working, gets cranky, and doesn't respond to my requests. :wink:

UPDATE:

We think it may have had something to do with the xref and a clash with the AutoCAD update as the error appeared in an entirely new drawing that contained the xref and would only appear on the computer most recently updated.

We eventually got it to work by detaching xrefs, purging xrefs and the drawing, reattaching xrefs, and miscellaneous other crap.

Really, I don't think we solved it. I think the computer just got bored with making me miserable.