Autocad 2011

MisterJingles

Hi guys

I upgraded from 2007LT to 2010LT a few months ago and one of the sales pitches were that if 2011 was released in X amount of time we would be illegible for the upgrade at no charge.

So DHL rocked up last week with 2011 and Im wondering if I should install it.

Would those who have used 2010 and 2011 mind commenting on the differences and if its advisable to do the upgrade?

Thanks in advance

At no charge I'd take the upgrade now and then decide later if you want to go through with actually loading it. Wait too long and the offer might be withdrawn.

ReMark thats where I sit right now, I have the upgrade in my drawer, Im asking here if I should load it.

Don't trust in me...trust in God.o:)

My wife never follows my advice, why should you?:lol:

Good luck. Let us know 1) how things turn out and 2) what you think of 2011. We'll be expecting a full, in-depth analysis of all features and improvements so please take copius notes and report back here as soon as possible. :shock::)

Who said I trusted you? ;)

Ill be sure to let you know what I think of 2011. You may need to settle for a simple rating out of 10 though :)

First thing Im thrilled about is that when in block editor, say for instance you wanted to change the colour and linetype of a line in a block. You would click the HOME tab and change the colour, then it would automatically revert back to the BLOCK EDITOR tab, so you would have to click HOME again to change the linetype. Now it stays on HOME *aaahhh*

Something small but saves me a degree of frustration.

Thanks for the update.. keep 'er coming.

I thought I could count the number of times I've had to do that (change line color in a block) on one hand, but then realized I couldn't because I'd need zero fingers...

Pretty specific stuff, but it's always nice to see they're paying attention.

I am busy doing as-built drawings on a project that I started literally when I started with Autocad, so Im having to correct a few things as Ive learnt how to do a few things better since then :)