printing settings??

Mr0range

Hi all, let me give you some background first. I have 2 PCs with Autocad. One is a laptop and the other a desktop. When I print from my laptop, everything prints OK but when I print from my desktop the printing doesn't come out right. For example, I created a PDF (attached) that shows a few lines, a hatched area and a box that masks the hatching so you can read the word inside the box. When I print it from my laptop it comes out as shown in the pdf but when I print it from my desktop, the hatch lines behind the box come out as well and go through the box making it hard to read. I'm using the same CTB files for both PCs. Any thoughts?

EXAMPLE.pdf

the ber : Yes. It's the same OS on both computers.

CJJ : I'll try doing the line merge and keep you posted.

Thanks

i'm not a guru, but this is what i would try (my software version is german, so i'm not sure what the right english commands are):

in the ribbon tab where the printer is located, you hit "plot manager". in the window that now opens you should see a line that says something like "add a new plotter". if you hit that and follow the steps, you should get a .pc3 file which uses your standard plotter. next time you plot a file, you should be able to choose between "printer XYZ" and "printer XYZ.pc3". at least that's how my system is set up, but i did this some years ago.

if you use the same settings for both computers, then you should get the same results from both computers when you print, if you use the same .pc3 file each time.

whether your lines will be in front or in back of the text i don't know. maybe you can play with the settings then, as CJJ suggested.