Surface Model,Bridge over,Wash under

rlshound

Hello Fellow LDDers,

I am working in LDD 2008 creating a surface model.A bridge and the connecting road and topography has to be modeled as well as the the wash passing under the bridge.Is there a way to model both entities within the same model or do they need to be separated? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, rlshound

You could try creating a surface model with no bridge then create a 3 solids model of the bridge place bridge onto model this should allow you to look under/through the bridge.

If you try two separate surface models not sure what will happen, if you combine surface and bridge models you will not be able to see through.

I would create multiple models and use edit paste, join them together to create new model. If your just after contours then it can be done easy, if you want 3d views very different problems.

Ps for bridge extend sides well below surface to be merged and as close as practical to vertical if countours only.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bigal for taking the time....I think I will try both methods and see what happens. In the mean time the engineers bought off on one model showing the wash without the bridge. They are using it for their hydraulics. Thanks Again...Hows the weather down under? rlshound