Creating Balloon without a Leader

Custom Seating

Is there a way to create a balloon in your .idw and it not have a leader? There are instances where we want the balloon on the part itself and not have an actual leader attached. We've tried to move the balloon close to the leader until it disappears but the text of the balloon flips upside down after you release it. I've noticed when you right click a balloon there is an option to delete the leader but it is grayed out. I have searched quite a bit online and through Autodesk's knowledge base and have found nothing pertaining to this. All help is welcome. Thank you.

If you put your cursor near an edge you can attach a balloon but i dont know of a way to have a ballon "free". When it is attached to an edge its very "twitchy". You said it flips upside down, but a slight movement will make it flip right side up again. Does it have to be a Balloon? see the image below, the green dot is the point where it is attached.

leader.jpg

Well, guess I will have to give that suggestion to Autodesk and see if it is a viable thing for them to add in future versions. Don't know how well that will go. Have never gotten much help with them.