Display Issue!

CAD89

I'm having the following problem:

When I'm: Moving, Copying, Mirroring, Drawing an object or writing a text AutoCAD doesn't show me how I am drawing that object! To be more specific I am gonna explain the problem in two commands Line and Move!

Line

I type "L": in the command prompt and then I press Enter to begin the line command, so I point the first point of the line in the drawing space and usualy AutoCAD should display the direct line betwen the first point and the Crosshairs everywhere I move the cursor and it doesn't display it, but after I'm indicating the endpoint of the line it displays the final position of the line!

Move

I type "M" in the command prompt and then "Enter"! This should open the Move command, so I select the object and hit "Enter", select the Base Point and then everywhere I move the cursor it doesn't display the object that I'm moving just the Crosshairs but when I click the final position of that object it displays the object in the final position!

I don't know if anyone knows about this problem and I am sorry if it was posted till now but I haven't seen it on the Forum!

With regards!

Csaba Arpad Dobai

Type DRAGMODE at the command line and change the setting to Auto. Or, since you're using Autocad2000, you may need to set it to a number, like 1 or 2. Check your Help files.

First, I assume that Csaba Aspad Dobai is your name - then, nice abbrivation :thumbsup:

Second, what layer are you working on? Is the layer frozen/locked/off? Is the layer set to color white/black? Try picking a new layer or change the existing layer.

@ Cad64 Thank you for the help ... that was the problem, that system variable was set to and I... I mean you solved it!

@ Tiger It has nothing to do with the layers! Sorry I didn't specify that, but thank you for trying to help me! I really appreciate that! About the name, Yes this is my real name and the 89 from the end is the year I was born!

Yours Truly!

Csaba Arpad Dobai!

With a name like that, you couldn't end up in another business :wink:

And glad that you got it sorted, I was just throwing ideas out there :)