How to put on a railing? HELP

lutya2

I have only been using autocad for around 4 months and I don't understand how to put a railing on a staircase. I have drawn an L-shaped stair case and when I try to put on the railing it does not go up at an angle. It just stays at the bottom of the stairs like a fence. I tried following a tutorial but it didn't make any sense. HELP!

I am using AutoCad Architecture 2010

You would get a quicker response posting this at the AutoCAD Vertical Products forum. I'm guessing it will get moved there anyway. Also you might want to post which tutorial your using and a link to it if its is on the interweb.

I have only been using autocad for around 4 months and I don't understand how to put a railing on a staircase. I have drawn an L-shaped stair case and when I try to put on the railing it does not go up at an angle. It just stays at the bottom of the stairs like a fence. I tried following a tutorial but it didn't make any sense. HELP!

I am using AutoCad Architecture 2010

lutya2

Welcome in the forum!

As you can see, I merged here the two threads you started.

I never worked with AutoCAD Architecture, but in plain AutoCAD I would draw a helix, and the L shaped closed polygon. The Sweep command will do the rest.

What you will need to do is go to your propterties menu before you create the rail.

So click the rail tool in your palettes. Then open the properties palette. The bottom should be the attach options, you can place to stair, object, or none. Choose stair, then choose how far you want it to go. You can have it follow the whole stair, or drag to the point on the stair where you want the rail to stop. That should fix the problem. The other way to use the rail you have in the drawing already is to select the rail and right click. Then there is an anchor flyout, if you mouse over that one it will show you what you can anchor it to. IE stair, or object. Choose stair, then click on your stair case, and it should attach it for you.

Noahma

OK, I have changed my properties to the attach to stair and then the cursor changes to a square and the command window tells me to select a stair. I don't understand how to "select a stair." I have tried clicking on the stairs and the staircase but nothing happens.

Noahma

OK, I have changed my properties to the attach to stair and then the cursor changes to a square and the command window tells me to select a stair. I don't understand how to "select a stair." I have tried clicking on the stairs and the staircase but nothing happens.

you need to click on the side of the stair you wish to have the railing attach too. IE left or right. If it seems like nothing happens, you probably have the below or above cut plane items turned off. Go to a 3d view and see if you have several rails attached over eachother.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i am working with autocad civil 3d 2009 , i create some contour from cvs file format after that i have remove some points from the dwg file , now i want to know how i can see the list of remove points

Thanx

hi i am working with autocad civil 3d 2009 , i create some contour from cvs file format after that i have remove some points from the dwg file , now i want to know how i can see the list of remove points

Thanx

Your best bet is going to be starting a new topic in the Civil 3d part of the forum. This particular area tailors to Autocad Architecture.

Here is a link for you

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57