Modifying HVAC duct program ever so slightly

Mech Designer

I am new here and want to say it is a great forum. Lots of information and people sharing information freely.

I downloaded the HVAC duct program lisp that "The Buzzard" with the help of others created. I really need to say that it is an awesome program and the creators of the program are very talented people. A big thanks to all of you!

I am very very new to Lisp. I am still grappling with how the commands work. However, I am always willing to give things a go. With permission, I would like to slightly modify the HVAC duct program with some help of course.

I typically draw in metric (thanks for making a metric version) and like to show duct lengths as well as 35mm duct flange joints.

Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the program ever so slightly? Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? I will save a copy of the program so I can practice and learn and not mess up the original. I may need to change the command prompt entry too so I am not conflicting with the original program. Do I just change the RMD2 in note pad?

Thanks,

I am new here and want to say it is a great forum. Lots of information and people sharing information freely.

I downloaded the HVAC duct program lisp that "The Buzzard" with the help of others created. I really need to say that it is an awesome program and the creators of the program are very talented people. A big thanks to all of you!

I am very very new to Lisp. I am still grappling with how the commands work. However, I am always willing to give things a go. With permission, I would like to slightly modify the HVAC duct program with some help of course.

I typically draw in metric (thanks for making a metric version) and like to show duct lengths as well as 35mm duct flange joints.

Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the program ever so slightly? Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? I will save a copy of the program so I can practice and learn and not mess up the original. I may need to change the command prompt entry too so I am not conflicting with the original program. Do I just change the RMD2 in note pad?

Thanks,

Mech Designer,

For others to help you modify this lisp is a tall order. Thats not going to happen. Others may give you ideas or code snippets, But if you do not know what to do with them you will be just as lost. As I mentioned, You will need to become familiar with learning lisp. Here are some sites that will help you.

http://www.afralisp.net/index.php

http://ronleigh.info/autolisp/index.htm

Please understand that to make a program such as this will require one to write it for themselves. I wish I had the time to do this for you, But then you would not get much understanding of programming. The programs I post are to give others ideas and allow them to use their own abilities so that they can do this for themselves and have an appreciation for programming.

Good luck and stay focused on a goal,

The Buzzard