Does this symbol exist in AC Electrical?

ReMark

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• firsrate_caduser

• Ryder76

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 tutorials and 9 pages of notes later I can't say I'm loving it but some things are a bit clearer (I think). Ordered a book from CADCIM geared towards teaching ACADE to aspiring electrical engineering students. It's only 860 pages. I hope it has a good plot. LOL

Supposed to meet with the electrical engineer some time this week to go over some of what I've gleaned from the tutorials (he's done none of them) and start making some decisions about how we want to do things.

This morning he asked if we use AutoDesk Vault (no we don't). Then he wanted to know if we should (I have no idea).

Ryder: Where do you do your electrical schematics? Entirely in model space or do you utilize layouts as well?

This morning he asked if we use AutoDesk Vault (no we don't). Then he wanted to know if we should (I have no idea).

Ryder: Where do you do your electrical schematics? Entirely in model space or do you utilize layouts as well?

Some folks mistakenly think that vault is a revision control software and it isn't. Autodesk does make one called ProductStream but it isn't free of course. Here where I work we use a software called PDM for revison control and history.

As far as electrical drawings go I have used it both ways, but the only thing that gets put into paperspace is the titleblock and nothing else - no notes or dims that stays in modelspace. Paperspace modelspace is great for mechanical and architectural but pretty useless as far as I'm concerned for electrical. Not really completely useless just not as powerful a tool as it is for other disciplines. Especially since the advent of annotative scaling. Don't use that either and haven't gotten a handle on it due to lack of use/need.

Just my 2 cents! :)