Dimensions on a isometric circle

Currently using autoCAD 2009. The problem i am having is that i can't find a way to annotate the radius or circum of a isometric circle.

Is there any to do this? thanks

I suggest you fake it with a Qleader and manually put the dimensions on there.

To you, that's a circle shown on an angle.

To AutoCAD it's an ellipse which isn't really a circle or arc in it's book, it holds multiple faked radius measurements, rather than just the radius/diameter you used to make it with.

If you manually measure it, you'll notice that the distance from centerpoint to edge is going to give you a different radius depending upon the angle of your line.

The Circumference isn't going to show up either.. Even if it did.. it'd be the circumference of an isometric circle, not of the actual circle you intended to get those measurements from.

I don't know of any good way of doing this in AutoCAD. If your work in mechanical this is automatic in Inventor.

The other way is to do it in 3d, and view it from an isometric angle... Then the circle dimensioning commands will work.

JD? Does Inventor supports isometric drawing, or did you mean do it in 3d in Inventor?

• 8 months later...

There is a way to measure ISOMETRIC circle .. !! 1st make a line from the centre of the circle and extend it out of the Quardent point of the circle .. then you will be able to measure the radius of that circle . !!

There is a way to measure ISOMETRIC circle .. !! 1st make a line from the centre of the circle and extend it out of the Quardent point of the circle .. then you will be able to measure the radius of that circle . !!

Can you post an example illustrating this technique?

Here i was made a Isocircle having Radius of 12. and you can see how can i check the radius.

2.jpg

Edited by shaikhrulez

A vertical (linear) dimension should be easier to snap rather than a 30° rotated dimension; and moreover, it doesn't look that ugly... :lol:

isocircle_radius.png