is there a command to draw a line with an angle to an inclined line?

crushmaster

there is an existing inclined line,to say 26 degree to horizental,if i want to draw a line who has an angle 12 degree betwwen those two lines.

the method i always do is firstly to measure the first line's angle from horizental,and then add the two angle,then draw what i want

but i think there maybe a command i do not know or tricks i can do this faster,for example,if what i have to do is to input the angle+click the inclined line+click a point as the corner would be helpful!

Or, if you want to bisect an angle.. (without knowing the angles, or a desire to avoid the math) draw a circle or arc using the intersection of the two angles as the centerpoint.

Use the two angles to trim it down to where it's an arc starting and stopping at the lines.. Then draw a line from the midpoint of that arc to the centerpoint of that same arc.

That's how you do it in sheet metal layout geometry... If the two lines of the angle are the same length, you can just draw a line from endpoint to endpoint instead, and use the midpoint of that line.

One simple way, is to copy the line, and then rotate one of the lines by the required angle. :)

In newer versions, Rotate even has copy as a built in option. :)

ROTATE
Current positive angle in UCS:  ANGDIR=counterclockwise  ANGBASE=0d0'0"

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

Specify base point: ENDP
of
Specify rotation angle or [Copy/Reference] <12d0'0">: C Rotating a copy of the 
selected objects.

Specify rotation angle or [Copy/Reference] <12d0'0">: *Cancel*

In newer versions, Rotate even has copy as a built in option.

And in older versions too (back to R12 I think) if you use grips.

thank you all for your reply.i think 'rotate' is really a good method to do what i want,but why didn't i notice such a trick?i have ever thought to write an autolisp function to do the job,but i have never written any program using autolisp,i read books on it,and found it rather possible

i think there is a 'getangle' standard function to get the first angle,but i do not know why it seems the degree of the angle is transfered into rad's,why?after getting the angle,i want to use the 'snapang' command,but it seemingly doesn;t work,