Inventor Certification

stevsmith

Are there any sample certifications for Inventor around.

I've been on google most of the night to find some but all I can find is preparation guides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are there any sample certifications for Inventor around.

Sample certifications? Do you mean a picture of the certificate or do you mean sample questions for preparation?

You can buy a sample test for 30 dollars from Autodesk. Are you looking for User or Professional Certification?

User Certification will be multiple choice selecton

Professional Certification will be actual time modeling and then reporting on information in the model to a fill in the blank or MC based on the result.

By "Sampel Test" do you mean the Practice Test mentioned in the certification info. Or is there a Autodesk Link I am not aware of.

I havent seen any but the autodesk site does have skill builders.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=10893341&linkID=9242016

Cheers for that Matt, I'll have a look into this.

You can buy a sample test for 30 dollars from Autodesk. Are you looking for User or Professional Certification?

User Certification will be multiple choice selecton

Professional Certification will be actual time modeling and then reporting on information in the model to a fill in the blank or MC based on the result.

I'm looking to go for the Professional certification. So it looks like I will have to go to a training center.

By "Sampel Test" do you mean the Practice Test mentioned in the certification info. Or is there a Autodesk Link I am not aware of.

I have seen on the autodesk website the information regarding the process for gaining the certification, I was just wondering if there was an actual sample test.

I would have went for the Solidworks CSWA as Matt already knows, but I have a new job and have had to switch over to using inventor from now on. So it seems more appropriate to do this exam instead.

I'm looking to go for the Professional certification. So it looks like I will have to go to a training center.

Of course you have to complete the Associate exam before the Professional exam. In my opinion the Associate exam is harder as it is a bunch of multiple choice, or where do you click, or what options type questions without the software in front of you.

In the Professional exam you actually model stuff.

I like the old exam they used to have before. It was much longer and about 30% of the stuff I had no idea - but that was part of the testing - can you use the Help system to figure out obscure stuff in a hurry. An expert is often asked how to do something they never say before. They say, let me get back to you on that when I get some time. They go into the Help, find the answer and get right back to you. You think they are the CAD Guru when the key to being the expert is knowing HOW to find the answer - not knowing the answer.