Adding Pipe Labels to Existing Piping

Kremer

Hey there, I've gotten tired of labeling pipe sizes manually and noticed that MEP offers a pipe size label which you can set by distance or quantity.

I've been trying to get comfortable with the LC-Style's window in order to produce proper looking labels, but I was wondering if there was a way to add the labels to pipes which are already drawn.

I have a fairly simple drain plan with sloped lines that I'd rather not recreate just to have the labels appear, is there a command which adds labels to existing pipe?

Create the labels as blocks and insert them where needed is one possible option. The labels can be used in other (future) drawings.

Can you explain a bit more are the "pipes" just plain Autocad lines ? or are they part of the mechanical suite and have hidden properties.

If a line its pretty easy to align text to the same angle, also its pretty simple in lisp to create text or a block and align to the line, is the pipe on a unique layer 200dia etc and this could be used to fill in the text values automatically.

maybe a dwg here.

The pipes are MEP piping, MEP actually has a tool which adds the pipe size note as your laying out the piping (either by distance, or by the quanitity you enter).

I've gotten that function down, I was just wondering if there was a way to add the notes to the pipes after you've already lain out your piping.