constant measurments??

I have an assignment and there are ground beams and floor beams..but there are many variables I don't know there measurements .. such as y12,y16,y20,R,a,b,w.. are these variables have a specific measurement that I don't know or what?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• areejo0o

• ScribbleJ

• MikeScott

Can you post the assignment? Without an image it is difficult to tell what these variables refer to.

Are these wood beams or steel beam?

Are we building in the U.S. or somewhere else in the world such as the U.K.?

What kind of course are you taking?

This my first course that I take autocad in the university .. I will scan the assignment and will be right back here.. thanks for ur reply :)

There are probably tables in the manual you are referencing that have all of these variable dimensions. Do you have a manual of Steel Construction at your disposal? If so check there.

Edit:

Good question ReMark. I assumed he was talking about steel beams.

It would have been better had he also answered some questions before disappearing again. At least we could come up with a good "bluff" answer. LOL

It would have been better had he also answered some questions before disappearing again. At least we could come up with a good "bluff" answer. LOL

LOL

Dadgum! (Insert Larry the Cable Guy icon) Wished there was one of those.

there is a small table include the measurement of "width-depth" and also there is a variables in it .. that I don't understand..

Please answer the previous questions. If you are talking about steel beams then cite an example such as W8x31. If you talking about wood beams tell us the size of the beam such as 2x12, or 6x6, etc.

Hint: The more information you give us the better your chances are of getting some help. We're volunteering our time so don't waste it. Thank you.

sorry if I don't answer quickly but I really don't know if it is steel or wood .. They just give us the paper assignment and told us u have to redraw it in the autocad that's it .. nothing more.. thats why I am confused ..

How can you draw anything if you don't know what it is to begin with?

What are you studying at the moment?

Alright. I see you are not going to answer questions directly so I'm off to help someone else. Good luck.

I'm not sure why I returned. It's kind of like driving by a car accident.

Re: your assignment. What are you currently studying in class? What class is this assignment for? Be SPECIFIC!

I'm not sure why I returned. It's kind of like driving by a car accident.

LMAO your a glutton for punishment ReMark

Can you post the assignment? Without an image it is difficult to tell what these variables refer to.

Are these wood beams or steel beam?

Are we building in the U.S. or somewhere else in the world such as the U.K.?

What kind of course are you taking?

To help this along with as little pain as can be had. This is the first set of unanswered questions.

areejo0o calm down. Breath and relax. Take time to learn how to navigate in this forum. There are many here willing to help but you need to be very specific about what your asking. If someone ask a question there is a very good reason for it. Otherwise we will not be able to help you or at least it will be a painful long drawn out process to which we don't have the time for.

Good luck with your studies. It is time for me to head home and hop on my mountain bike from some dirt grinding therapy.