Convert

Tankman

You can convert multiple drawing files in the .DWG format to an older version of this CAD format (for older versions of AutoCAD or LT) with a free Windows utility Autodesk DWG TrueView (former "DWG TrueConvert").

TrueView offers bidirectional file conversion and batch conversion between the AutoCAD DWG formats of V2.x, R9, R10, R11, R12, R13, R14, 2000, 2000i, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. This DWG converter and viewer is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Starting and setting conversion parameters in DWG TrueView:

tv2011-convert.gif

• 1 month later...

Is there any setting that anyone knows of that will keep TrueView from becoming the "default" program that opens when you double click on a DWG file? Every time I use it to convert a drawing, I have to go open a new instance of AutoCAD to "reset" it as the default. Gets to be a bit of a pain sometimes, especially as my computer seems to get slower and slower as the days drag on. :)

Thanks in advance,

Beardking

Not that I know of.

If you know TrueView was the last one used, right click the file, Open With...

Funny thing is, all my *.dwg files are tagged with the AutoCAD icon, and not the TrueView icon.

Maybe it's that AutoCAD Drawing Launcher app that is the culprit. When I right click the file, I choose AutoCAD Aplication rather than the Drawing Launcher and it works the same. Not sure why the launcher app is there.