Rotating/Stretching Dynamic Block

Sparky

Thank God it's Friday!

I'm trying to create a dynamic block for plywood. I have the stretch parameter working so that I can stretch the plywood to the needed length. I also have set a rotation parameter based on the various roof pitches that we use. The problem is I would like to be able to rotate the sheathing to a 45 degree angle and then stretch along the 45 degree angle. Once I rotate the sheathing the stretch does not follow the rotation angle. I have attached the file, I know I have done a terrible job trying to explain this. Thanks

PLYWD.DWG

Nearly right, You have to be careful to only pick the parameter you want to include, not the grip.

You could combine both of these actions in one by using the 'Polar' parameter with a stretch action...

PLYWD 1.DWG

PLYWD 2.DWG

hi,

dbroada is right....

just remove the text "stretch" from the rotate action and it will behave accordingly. i tried it and it works.

pablos's playwd 2 dynamic block has different line end point effects in diagonal position.

peace out..

kool

• 1 year later...

sa_A&L_Window_FP0.dwg

Hi im trying to do something with both stretch/Lookup/ and rotate.

Ive been able to achieve lookup and strech function for different windows sizes and styles. but when it comes to rotating them and then selecting a windows size it plays up and stops working anyone have any ideas where i went wrong?:?

Thanks heaps

In what way isn't it working?

You have it constrained to rotate in 90 degree steps and while I haven't checked every visibility state the ones I checked are behaving as I would have expected.

Its when you rotate it and then change it between 1 sash and 2 sash and then 3sash, by 4 sash it throws the lines to the side, and to get it back to looking correct. i have to select either 1 sash or 2 sash.

It doesnt make any sense

my car has played up today so I'm not at work and therefore can't comment. I will try to have a look next week.

You might try using some constraints to maintain the line geometry.

2007 doesn't have constraints.

I have now had a look and see what you mean. However I can't find a solution. I thought that maybe the stretch frames wern't wide enough or an action wasn't being included in a selection but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't really understand what you are doing with the block so can't comment further but it may be best to remove actions, one at a time to see if you can pinpoint the problem.

One other thing that has just occured to me is have you got "chain action" set? Again, I have not used the latest block builder so don't know where to look. This MAY be having an influence and setting or unsetting it might help in some way.