Dynamic block question: how to align to the middle

MarcoW

Attached is an example / test block of a dynamic block.

I just need to know if this is possible so I can use it in my blocks for real use.

The block contains a rectangle that can be stretched. Also there is a circle that needs to keep it's size but must move along with the stretching of the rectangle.

This is not that difficult but how would I manage to keep the circle aligned to the middle of the rectangle.

See attached image of what I mean.

Thanks for the help!

1.JPG

test.dwg

you can either stretch the circle or move it. In either case use the same distance parameter but add a 50% multiplier to the circle action.

you can either stretch the circle or move it. In either case use the same distance parameter but add a 50% multiplier to the circle action.

Huh..? I did not know it was possible, I will need to search for this!

Thanks Dbroada.

Dbroada,

OMG it is that easy indeed.

Thank you for the tip!

I can move on now.

Kind Regards,

MarcoW

Dbroada,

OMG it is that easy indeed.

Thank you for the tip!

I can move on now.

Kind Regards,

MarcoW

and I've just prepared this to show you where to look :)

multiplier.JPG

Good morning again,

(... if on the same side of the planet as I am ...)

~ My next question regarding dynamic blocks ~

Is it possible to stretch the rectangle (with a grip either on the left side or the right side) in a way that the rectancle itself actually stretches on both sides?

See image attached.

I mean, when created a lookup table with 2 variants: "500mm" "1100mm", the rectangle should expand to both sides. The circle should remain outlined _mid to the rectangle but should move along with the stretch (keep the same distance between the circle / rectangle.

Whatever I try, I still end up with the circle in the rectangle.

And that #%$@ :x.

Any help is much appreciated.

test2.jpg

BTW most problems I have is when the circle is flipped to the other side. THen I can't keep it out of the rectangle.

I like you, another easy question (I think).

Again, a single distance parameter. I use one starting at the middle to the right hand edge (but find what works best for you) with only one grip. Now you need 2 strtch actions but both refering to the single distance. One strtch on the right hand side with a distance multiplier of 1,00and one stretch on the left hand side with a distance multiplier of -1,00 (OR an angle offset of 180)

edit

there again, had I read about the circle I might have not said it was easy. Does my advice help at all yet?

:) David, well of course it did help! :)

But this is my new challenge :? ...

If the circle is flipped, the stretching works reverse to the circle.

Hmm ... your method works but not with the circle...

is the circle flip part of the dynamic properties?

I think I would be inclined to have 2 circles with visibility parameters :D

I'll have a think about other possibilities but don't hold your breath waiting! :)

is the circle flip part of the dynamic properties?

Yes it is! As long as "unflipped" all is fine.

Once flipped it works reverse.

:x

Thanks for your time / effort, I appreciate.

I can't think of a way to do what you want if you are flipping just the circle. I haven't tried but you may be able to flip the distance parameter & stretch actions.

Failing that it is back to the earlier suggestion of 2 circles and a visibility parameter.

I can't think of a way to do what you want if you are flipping just the circle. I haven't tried but you may be able to flip the distance parameter & stretch actions.

Then the stretch is working reverse.

:cry: Somehow I allway manage to think of things that cannot be done even in AutoCAD.

But WTH.... we'll work around it!

Thank you for helping me out, CU again!

BTW: I wanted to tell you befor but your avatar gives me kinda cosy feeling, like "let me get some coffee first!".

BTW: I wanted to tell you befor but your avatar gives me kinda cosy feeling, like "let me get some coffee first!".

that one is "get mr some gluwein" :D