Circles/arcs turning into straight/jagged lines

mccarthyk54751

I am having an issue with all my circles and arcs turning into straight line segments

ex:

a cirlce turns into a hexagon.

Is there a command to fix this?

Thank you!

I am having an issue with all my circles and arcs turning into straight line segments

ex:

a cirlce turns into a hexagon.

Is there a command to fix this?

Thank you!

Usually either

VIEWRES needs to be set higher, (or you just need to regenall)

or

SHADEMODE needs to be set to 2D

I got this problem too. It is noted in the BUG sheet mailed here years ago, and never completely resolved, in any version full or LT or whatever. You must be then working with a few polylines. We used to call this feature "Sucking In" as all the offending lines then go to inside of the curve.

It does not happen if you EXPLODE the offending polyline, or do a quicky REGEN just after creating the work. If you do a few lines and then imediately exit the drawing, well look at it after your then come back or ship it off to another location. It all is changed. No amount of REGEN will fix it once it happens. One of my customers required me to do a quick regen befoe receiving any Autocad drawing via internet. Zip compressing does not fix it either.

If the polyline is open ended (a non-circle) then often does not happen. I cut slots or fail to exactly link up every segmant of the polyline (on purpose) to avoid the sucking in feature.

Wm.

tesselation settings?

Depends where you're getting the problem.. is it a viewing/plotting issue, an export to DXF issue, or a rendering issue?

It displays with the straight lines in model space and in paper space. I just need them to be curved in order to plot.

I did the REGENALL and this helped a lot, but they are still a little jagged.

Then that is probably just your display settings. That is not the same as the 'sucking in' issue. What's happening is AutoCAD is saving memory space for execution and point coordinates locations until you stop drawing stuff and do a regen all.

Go to Tools > Options > Display > Display Resolution.

I set my Arc and Circle smoothness to 1000 and my polyline curve segments to 8 and I don't have a big issue with the drawing appearance after a regen.

Also, make sure your screen resolution in "WINDOWS" is set to the correct one per your monitor's capabilities.

None of my above has any effect on plotting, the objects will plot smooth with any plot quality level better than draft.

yeah.. Dana's right. When you print, they'll correct themselves.. that's just a display issue.

WhipArc will correct plotting problems. I had to fix this in Civil 3D (pipes were displaying at polygons instead of ellipses).