Bevel Gear

arshavin23

Hi all, feel like this is a stupid question but i am wanting to connect bevel gear to two shafts, once it is inserted and i try to drag the components they are not functioning, can this only function in an animation?

Attach the assembly here. Did you add a Motion constraint? Did you use the Design Accelerator to create these?

Hi, I no longer have the assembly as i am still trying to work out how to do this... sorry if this is any trouble but would any of you be able to talk me through how i can get two drive shafts rotating at the same time with a bevel gear, similar to the way they are in this image

POW015_mi_bevel_gearboxes.jpg

If you use the Design Acclerator they will automatically have a Motion constraint. Otherwise simply add your own motion constraint (I think there is a Help>Learning Tools>Tutorial on all of this.)

To have then turn with the shafts place a Mate-Flush constraint between the appropriate workplane of the gear and worplane of the shaft. Make an assembly and attach it here if you can't figure it out.

If you use the Design Acclerator they will automatically have a Motion constraint. Otherwise simply add your own motion constraint (I think there is a Help>Learning Tools>Tutorial on all of this.)

To have then turn with the shafts place a Mate-Flush constraint between the appropriate workplane of the gear and worplane of the shaft. Make an assembly and attach it here if you can't figure it out.

Ok JD Mather, thanks once again... ill let you know how it goes.

Hi, im still having problems i have uploaded the assembly files to sendspace on this link as it is too large to upload on here. Any advice/help is much appreciated.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c3kn5j

If you are using insert constraints from the gears to the shafts then something has to be grounded or it will not rotate.

Here is a very simple example... here I used a rotational motion constraint between the two shafts and the gears are constrained to the shafts. I grounded the bearings (simple as they are) and used and angle constraint from the key hole to a perpendicular plane to drive the rotation.

It's not complicated but can be tricky...

gear1.gif

KC

I had a bit of trouble figuring out what you had already done to your assembly so I simply got rid of your assembly and sub-assemblies and created a new assembly - ended up to large to attach here but,

In general shafts are held in postition by other parts - it might help if you started with the frame and worked from there. It can be done with just the shafts and gears, but you have to understand what you are doing (and requires creation of an axis for rotation in the assembly at correct location).

I would start with the frame case as the first (grounded) part.