Help with animation!!

chemicalboy

Hey guys In a timing belt I knew I could only move the pulleys but the belt is grounded so I wanna know if I could somehow animate components that I put on the belt to rotate on its perimeter?

belt components.jpg

I think in the Joint Creation window there is a Point on a Curve joint. At a first thought I think you might be able to animate the block around the path of the belt but i doubt it will be that easy. Also you will need to rethink how you created those components. In your assembly you have it broken down into 4 patterns for each belt. You need a closed path.

I already modified the pattern into associative pattern to go with the hole feature pattern that i already made on the belt,so now I have only 1 pattern for the components around the belt,I already have a closed path which is the belt's sketch path,how can it be possible to make the magnets move along that path?

I already have that book but it only contains simulation problems with their answers and none of them resembles mine,to shift:I used that point on curve joint and it worked!! but the orientation of the block was a mess,so I made two of those joints for two different points on the block base and it worked pretty well,yet I couldnt do it for the whole pattern,any ideas?

...none of them resembles mine...

I was under the impression that a couple of adaptations of problems from this book are exactly what you need to solve your problem.

There is a new Transitional constraint, however, I'm not sure if it's included in 2010 or just 2011 I only have 09.

Garin Gardiner (from Autodesk) had mentioned it on one of his blog videos and it seems interesting....

Here is the link:

He mentions it around the 6 minute mark...

Basically now you can have a tangent constraint over multiple surfaces... This could solve the problem of getting around the pulley but I'm not sure how you would drive it all the way around.

I see a lot of people wanting to do this and it seems that Autodesk should address this, or maybe they have already.

Here is the link to his Blog: good stuff...

http://inthemachine-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/

KC