Building a pc for Inventor use?

Pierre3400

Hey guys Im new, so be kind :) Im currently studying CAD and i love it, working with Inventor and AutoCAD 2009, but mainly Inventor. I want to build a tower pc for Inventor use. Im no noob at building pc's from the buttom up, but i have lost touch with whats what in the world of parts. Like i said, i want this pc mainly for Inventor use, no games at all! What should i be looking for? Processor wise? I want something along the lines of the newest stuff. So a good mainboard that can hole min. 16gb ram. Basically i would like help on what parts to choose, but i only need info on Mainboard, processor, ram, graphics card and also tips on the best silent fans on the markert. Hope sum of you guys could help me out.

Sounds like you want a power-user system.

Definitely go 64-bit with OS (which one will you be using?) and Inventor.

I've used both Asus and Gigabyte motherboards in the past with few if any problems. Yourself?

For graphics cards ATI Fire Pro and nVidia Quadro are industry standards for high-end CAD systems.

What kind of budget are we working with here?

Is a new monitor going to be part of the package?

Sounds like you want a power-user system.

Definitely go 64-bit with OS (which one will you be using?) and Inventor.

I've used both Asus and Gigabyte motherboards in the past with few if any problems. Yourself?

For graphics cards ATI Fire Pro and nVidia Quadro are industry standards for high-end CAD systems.

What kind of budget are we working with here?

Is a new monitor going to be part of the package?

Thank you for the response. The OS will be Windows 7 64bit, and ofcourse the whole machine will be 64bit. I myself use asus, and i would like to keep it that way :) Only good things about them. I have an Nvidia Quadro FX2500 in my laptop i use for inventor 09 atm. But i dont mind going for better. Ofcourse i know that the nvidia in the laptop is old, but im just saying. The Budget, well since im in Denmark, it wont help much, cos the prices are so different. But a good highend mahcine for sure. Monitor not included. dont need to think about harddisk, just the main things. I can figure out the cd reader and harddisk and case and so on by my self :) Hoping to get myself an SSD harddisk.

You feel confident enough in the SSD harddisk technology to go that route?

I would like to try yes, but i might wait abit, get a 15000rpm one and once they go down in price maybe get one, i'v heard they are super fast.

I imagine the pricing is still kind of high given what normal hard drives go for (even the 1TB ones).

I have a SCSI 15,000 rpm and 10,000 rpm drive in my work setup.