'LOCKER' - layout tab name

JamyB

I've name my layout tab 'LOCKER' for a project, and it seems to have locked the layout (I doubt its because I named it that, but thats the case). I thought it was a bug in the file, but then I've tried it on another drawing and it did the same. Then I tried it on a new dwg and it did nothing. Once I named LOCKER, I cant rename it, cant delete it, cant start new layout, and once I'm in Model space or another layout tab I cant go back to my 'locker' layout. The only thing that works is copying the layout and renaming it.

Ive tried opening it on a different computer, same result.

Is this a bug?help.

I tried to duplicate your problem using 2010 but was unable to do so. I created a layout, renamed it to LOCKER. I could delete it or rename it with no problem. I could also create another layout. I could move between the layout and model space at will.

Is your version of 2008 current with all service packs?

I tried it in all upper case and lower case in my 2009. After several tries, I could not re-create the issue. That's more than locked, it's isolated.

Somebody will have an idea what's up soon. I sure don't. Maybe the file is just corrupted. Try and restore a backup from before you named the layout.

It's a good thing you didn't name it Asteroid Collision or something.:shock:

It seems Audit solve all my problems lately.

I got the backup from the previous day, and I could rename the layout anything and it would isolate it. I did the audit and it seems to have fixed it.

Then I did the audit on the file with the 'locker' layout tab and deleted it by itself.

Thanks y'all!