Make multiple lines act as one?

I have drawn a shape, a combination of many lines and arcs. I would like to make all these lines act as one so when I click on it all the lines are selected. I have no idea how to do this:huh: and that is why I am asking you. (I cannot draw this shape in polyline, it is too dificult.)

I pretty much want to make a library that I can drag all these objects that I make out onto the work area.

I am using autoCAD 2008, Thanks so much.

In order to accomplish that behavior need to convert that bunch of lines (and arcs) into a polyline (presuming that are connected at ends) - use PEDIT command with Join option.

If entities aren't connected then transforming it into a block or group is the answer.

Regards,

Thankyou so much for your reply,

either I am thick or you dont understand what I am trying to do :D. I have drawn a Flatscreen TV in 2D. all the lines are touching one another and there are a couple of arcs in there as well. Is there any way that I can select all the lines (about 30), and make them one, so when i click it the whole TV is selected.

And if it is possible I would also like to move it to a library for later use (if you cannot do the library it is ok)

Thanks.

Use the Pedit command, Join option, to connect all the lines and arcs into one contiguous polyline.

Next, use the WBlock command and create a block. Call it Flatscreen TV. A WBlock is just a block that is written to the hard drive as a dwg file. This block can be inserted into other drawings using the Insert command or via the Design Center or dragged and dropped from a custom tool palette.

thanks again,

the only problem is that my TV has a square, then another square attached to it, so when I go Pedit -> Join, it creates 2 seperate squares instead of 1 object, any ideas?

Since you've posted no object I had to go by your verbal description. I guess I missed something.

Stop what you're doing with Pedit/Join and move to the next step...WBlock.

Stop what you're doing with Pedit/Join and move to the next step...WBlock.

...or Group, depending on what you really want.

(to remarks post) ah yes that has done the trick, thanks so much!:shock:

I have made a new pallete, but how do I move the block I just made to that pallete?

(to remarks post) ah yes that has done the trick, thanks so much!:shock:

(how do I say the thread is resolved?)

You just did. :)

Glad to hear you have resolved your problem.

You're entirely welcomed.

sorry I have been away. I tried dragging and dropping into what I think is the design centre but just to make sure, how do you open the design centre? You probably think im the biggest idiot...

No, I do not think you are an idiot. I think you just need some direction that's all.

You are not dragging and dropping into the Design Center. Rather, you use the Design Center to locate drawings and from those drawings you "borrow" content. In this case we can take a block from drawing "A" and insert it into drawing "B" or we can drag and drop it onto a newly created custom palette. This is one way to populate tool palettes.