Make a drawing look like a sketch?

bennyhenry

Just after some advice,

I work in a building services engineering firm, and the engineers have asked if there's anyway for our prelim drawings to look like they have been sketched. The reason being is that when they look liked they've been cadded, the client immediately thinks they're ready for tender.

I've tried playing around with the visual styles, changing the overhand and jitter in the Edge Modifiers, and that seems to work perfectly in model space. However, upon switching to paper space to print out, the visual style disappears to default. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Sketchup - freedownload on a 30 day trial, just remember the date you installed the software and re-set the date to that to continue working after 30 days.

Not brilliant software, as it breaks up lines into 100's of smaller ones, so file size goes ballistic. Save a copy first and have a play.

Just after some advice,

I work in a building services engineering firm, and the engineers have asked if there's anyway for our prelim drawings to look like they have been sketched. The reason being is that when they look liked they've been cadded, the client immediately thinks they're ready for tender.

I've tried playing around with the visual styles, changing the overhand and jitter in the Edge Modifiers, and that seems to work perfectly in model space. However, upon switching to paper space to print out, the visual style disappears to default. Can anyone help?

Cheers[/quote

While in PS, go into the viewport and then use visual styles.

Why not just put a big PRELIMINARY stamp on the drawing and save some money and time? I always submit a prelim before going to final. Gives my PM or crew leader a chance to check the work too.

Why not just put a big PRELIMINARY stamp on the drawing and save some money and time? I always submit a prelim before going to final. Gives my PM or crew leader a chance to check the work too.

Helllooooo, my thoughts too! Yes the client should get what they want, but sometimes you need to tell them what they want in order to save time and money.:)

Don't get me wrong, we already stick a huge prelim stamp on it so it sticks out like dog's balls. But the problem is that when the client can see that we have something on CAD, in all their infinite wisdom, they think the design is pretty much done, and that they feel like they have the right to request a tender issue the following day.

No matter how many stamps we slap on our drawing, if it's on CAD, they think we're finished. Thus the reason I'm trying to find a sketch-like look. Anyway, cheers for the advice, I'll try out the suggestions you guys have made.

The other thing, and this is very important, I only want my building services layout to look like a sketch, not the architectural background that I'm xrefing into my drawing.