Repeating data in Attribute Block

andythoms

We use an attribute block as a title block in our drawings where the project number, drawing number and revision information is located at the top and bottom of the block. At the moment we enter this information twice, one for each location. Is there a way to just enter the information once but make it appear at both location in the block?

I've tried using a field for one set of information which works to a certain extent by getting the value from the other set of information but it only takes the default value and doesn't update when the information is amended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. It's a shame there's no better way to do it - at least I know its not just me :)

Cheers

Hi Andythoms..... if you have linked it using a field then you always have to regen for it to update anyway.

Got this one to work but this was amending the attribute after the block was created and linking it to the 1st attribute. however can't seem to make the same change inside the block therefore save it!

Hmmmm :wink:

Title.dwg

If its the same text then you can use find & replace maybe make your dwt have say xxxx as the block attribute value when you search and replace it will find all no matter where it is including multiple layout tabs.

Also check out under BIGAL " attribute update revision" theres vba code for updating all title blocks at a press of a button this could be set up as a auto type update thing

JBullseye74: cheers! That seems to work after a regen; but you're saying that you created the title block first, then amended it and it works from there on?

For the second drawing number did you just create a field/object/value from the first attribute?

BigAl: it's more that I'm making a template for our office and this attribute block will be used by many people so I just really wanted the text to be entered once per block. Any more than that and people just won't use it. I fancy checking out your Attribute Update Revision though, that sounds handy!

Thanks for all the input.

Hi mate... correct thats how i created the second drawing number. However when you change the first drawing number it doesn't update. Then to make it update i inserted the block double clicked on the second drawing number and deleted the contents then inserted field again as follows:

field/object/drawing_number/ok (drawing_number was my first drawing number) and hey presto should update now. :D