Possible to fillet slab edges?

Mindaugas

Hi everyone,

I need to make a flat roof with rounded edges, but cannot find a way how to do that and I'm really short on time, hopefully you guys can help!

The slab is circular, and I need it to join the wall smoothly with rounded edge. That's what I have i mind:

slab.png

I'm using AutoCad Architecture 2010

Any ideas on how to do that?

Mindaugas

In plain AutoCAD I would use the Fillet command to create the edge affect depicted in Cut 1.

In plain AutoCAD I would create a half-profile and revolve in to get the result depicted in Cut 2.

Fillet command does not seem to work on slab edges, or on slab+rounded wall. I guess in plain AutoCAD it works a bit differently or I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas on how to do that in autocad architecture with a slab or a roof slab?

Thanks for a fast reply!

If option 1 doesn't work don't waste time. Go to option 2. Create a half-profile and use Revolve. Or Sweep the half profile around a circle.

Option 1 using the Fillet command's Chain option. Careful pick of face(s) required or it won't work.

Yes, option 1 didn't work some why, it's not because of the radius. Tried on slabs, roofslabs, cylinders.. It's just not possible to pick surfaces.. Then I tried option number 2, it works like a charm! Should have tried that on the first place. Thanks everyone for your time, helped me a lot:)

I thought we were working with solids. I've not tried it with surfaces. Glad option 2 worked for you. Thanks for updating us.

One more question.. I have a couple of these "surface(Revolve)" in the model. Problem appears when I'm trying to open this model with any other program (3dsmax, sketchup, artlantis), every single object from the model opens normally but those revolved shapes are missing. I tried to export in several .dwg versions, but they're missing in all of them when opened with other program than cad. Maybe problem would be solved if this "surface(Revolve)" is converted to a slab or to a solid object? But I have no clue how to do that, if it's possible at all.

If You have any ideas on how to deal with this problem, again, help would be highly appreciated!