White Paint Material

mdp198

Hello, I am working in AutoCAD 2008 3D and wonder if anybody might be able to help with an issue I seem to be having with my materials.

I have applied a general default semi-gloss paint material (white) to parts of my model. I want to apply, sun and shadowing and create somewhat of an environment. I am able to do this except for two things.

1. When I turn on the sun/shadow conditions (keeping "viewport lighting mode:user sunlight/illumination off) my materials looks fine. However the shadow will not move the change in time.

2. When turning on the "viewport light mode:user sunlight/illumination" the shadow moves and looks great, but my White paint color does not look so white.

I have experimented with the material properties conditions, and the white looks almost blinding in some instances in the preview but not in the actual view for some reason.

I have attached two screenshots in the previous order. Thanks

cad1.jpg

cad2.jpg

After playing with the sun properties, i believe the intensity factor needed to be changed to lighten the whole scene. I will also try with inserting a light. Thanks for the help!

Render the scene, the second viewport is correct.

The tint that's bothering you is basically because of the default sun color. AutoCAD uses a somewhat yellowish sun (which is alright), you don't need to change it. Simply render the scene and you'll understand.

Use LIGHTINGUNITS - 2 and don't modify the default intensity factor... it'd burn the windmill ... :lol: