Installation Error: /SecondRun /Language en-us

funk

Hi there, I work for a Landscape Architecture Office and have been having troubles installing autodesk software. I have installed AutoCad 2011, Civil3D and now am trying to install 3ds Max Design, everytime I install a program it shows up with this error halfway through 'setup initialization'

C;\DOCUME~1\\Local Settings\Temp\_AI2F.tmp\Setup.exe /s "C:\Autodesk\3DS Max Design\" /SecondRun /Language en-us

Now I managed to get in contact with a tech about this and they advised to run a diagnostic startup with no startup programs checked in the 'msconfig' area, and disable and internet/network connections. This worked for Cad2011 and Civil3D, unfortunatly 3ds Max Design is being unique and I cannot bypass this error through this sollution. I have been up and down the internet looking for sollutions and cannot seem to find any. Once more the same startup .exe installs on other computers in the office, so maybe an issue with just my computer, please help as I am sort of being relied upon to generate a 3d fly through for a project presentation soon.

I have posted a screenshot at the bottom of the error.

Kind Regards,

Funk

3dmax_design Error Screenshot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, just in case anyone else gets this error I'll explain to the best of my knowledge how I managed to fix it. or how the tech did I should say. In short what we did was simply create a whole new profile on my workstation. First we copied my current profile and then created a new one, im not sure If he made a new folder for it or just deleted all the crap in the existing one sorry, either way it was supposed to be a fresh, un-tainted profile to work on, and wella, problem solved.

Now, I was to understand that somewhere along the line of installing Autodesk products that there was an error which caused all future installments to trip over at the same point. Here is the sollution Autodesk gave me in the end (which is not what I did) as our work tech fixed it already as posted above. but anyway here it is, basically delete all your autodesk software and start a brand new installation of everything! now I was reluctant to do this as it would be a quite lengthy process, so I am not suggesting do this as I didn't do it. There is a section on the autodesk website for this, in support > knowledge base > Removing all Autodesk software from system to ensure a clean install.

Anyway I hope this helps if anyone gets into the same mess I did.

Kind Regards,

Funk

• 2 years later...

Hello. My english isn't good enough, but I'll do my best, so sorry for any mistake.

I'm trying to hard to install Autodesk Maya 2013 on Windows 8, and I have the same error (at least that's so great to find at last one other register of this problem in the web, other than my own posts).

http://i.imgur.com/xNaKnUu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xNaKnUu.jpg

Please, PLEASE! tell me what must I do?... When you say "create a new profile", do you mean "a new account in my PC"?... I'll thank you a lot if you explain to me what gotta I do... I'll really thank you, I do need help, please!! I'll be waiting for your response. Sebastian.

THANKS TO GOD!!

And to you, for sure. I will never thank you enough. You helped me to solve my problem and now I can run Maya 2013 perfectly! Thank you very much! I'm pretty sure this is the only one post in the entire world where someone can find information about this "stupid" problem, and that's all by you :). I'm sure I'm not the only one person you have helped by this post.

I'll explain my case:

I had an Maya setup file in an old computer. I brought it to my new computer (a Windows 8) and tried to install. It just closed and said "Not supported OS". It was just my mistake. I didn't notice that was a 32bit version file, and the version for Windows 8 should be 64 bits. After that the problem started. I tried and tried, downloaded and downloaded the 64bits version file from different servers, and followed different tutorials... but ALWAYS I got the same problem: "/SecondRun /lang en-US /FirstRun Threadld".

I think that's just because, after the first error "Not supported OS", there was a weird register in the PC wich won't allow you to install the program again successfully. But here is the solution, as funk wrote above: Installing it from a completly new account in the PC. That was all. I tried erasing registers from regedit; erasing windows updates... changing the PC language (cause the error talked about language...) but no, the solution (I think the only one solution, I used the solution from Autodesk.com to erase completely the old installation but it doesn't work), the solution is: - a new account\profile -

I just hope people who get that problem find this topic easily.

• 1 year later...

wow TE AMOOOOO SebastianOBA estaba desesperado xD lo que hay que hacer es crear una cuenta de usuario en la pc y listo / I LOVEEE YOU Funk ;D cree cuenta en esta mamada para solo agradecerles :3 *______________* error C:\DOCUME~1\\Local Settings\Temp\_AI2F.tmp\Setup.exe /s "C:\Autodesk\3DS Max Design\" /SecondRun /Language en-us