While dimensioning in Paper space, How to modifiy dim text ht

david1954

I am dimensioning in paper space and want to reduce the dim.text heitht. Because when I plot the drawing , dim height looked to big to me on 17x11 paper.

so I reduced the dim text ht from 0.380 to 0.25. and update the dim.

But it did not work.

Please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks,

You don't preset the height of your text in the Text Style dialog box do you?

I do all my dimensioning in my layout. I just did a test in a drawing where my text height was originally set to 0.09375. I changed it in the DimStyle dialog box to 0.125 and all my dimension text automatically changed to the new height upon closing the dialog box.

I am using plain AutoCAD 2010.

Yes. I did.

and when it did not work. I delete the dimension. and redimension.

Still it did not change the text ht.

What I think Mark is trying to say is even if you have adjusted the dimension text height in the dimension style manager. The text height is controlled by the text style if their is a height in that dialog box. So no matter what height you place in the dimension style manager it will never be used unless the height in the text style manager is 0.

I don't think David preset the height of his text in the Text Style Manager. At least that's what he says in post #3. Unless he misunderstood my question.

I thought he might have mmisunderstood the whole text style and dim text style relationship so I wanted to explain it a little further.

David maybe you could attach the drawing so we can review it for you.

Yes, it does seem odd. Apparantly the dimension text height appears to be unchangeable for the moment via the Dimensions Styles Manager.

I thought he might have mmisunderstood the whole text style and dim text style relationship so I wanted to explain it a little further.

I rechecked the height in Text style manager , it is set to 0

I have attached a dwg for your ref.

3D-steel plate with welded pipe.dwg

Here is the drawing I have problem with , the earlier dwg I sent you, I have no problem.

I don't know what i am doing wrong in this dwg.

Thanks,

plate for wood base.dwg

It is working fine now. I just rebooted the system. and started autocad.

I am able to change the dim ht.

I would like to know what fixed it.

Thanks,

If you make the changes to the dim text height in the dim style dialog box then dim update and select all the dimensions it will adjust the text height for you at least it did for me.

This forum is Great. I joined last week only. and I feel so good with the quick response and answers of my querries. Its good to know there is help out there.

Thank you very much guys.

Please do not feed/praise the animals. They are liable to get large heads and then fall over. We don't want anyone getting hurt.:lol:

You're entirely welcomed.:)

Hope we have convinced you to stick around.