Need help in isometric drawing.

Valamu

:o i am so frustrated with the isometric drawing.

i am a beginner of autocad, and is struggling with engineering drawing now.

i need to draw an exploded view of a CD rack (this CD rack got 4 main components~cover, distancing plate, additional distancing plate, and base plate). Exploded view must be in isometric, right?

i having big problem in drawing those weird shapes and triangle with holes in isometric style.

here is the 4 components that i need to draw in isometric view... can you help/teach me how to make them in isometric view?

(and please comment my dimensions if you want...)

i am trying to do 3D view of them now... :(

for them.dwg

Yes, it certainly looks like the CD rack would be loads of fun drawing as an isometric. I'd create it in 3D, separate the parts, then consider using Flatshot or Solprof to create the 2D object (in the proper isometric view that is).

Just curious.

Have have several layers set up with different colors assigned but everything appears to have been done on layer "0". I have just one question. WHY?

i just draw them in 2D views and no polyline at all, maybe that's why my file appear to be layer "0"? i am not sure...

after draw it in 3D (SW), how can i get the isometric view? from viewports?

i was tring to use isometric grid to draw the distancing plate with the 3holes but i did not know how to draw the hole right just like in 2D view~~

All objects should be drawn in model space at full size. Whether you want to use lines or polylines is up to you. When you start a new blank drawing AutoCAD includes just the one layer ("0"). The user creates any additional layers he/she requires. Generally speaking it is best not to draw on layer 0 but create a new layer and call it Objects or something that makes sense to you.

Yes, you can access any one of the four standard isometric views from the Viewports toolbar. That's how I like to do it although you can also accomplish the same thing from the Ribbon's Home tab, View panel. Note: Make sure you are in the correct workspace (3D Modelling).

To draw circles in normal 2D iso mode one must use the Ellipse command. Select the option called IsoCircle. You cannot use the regular Circle command.

Valamu - if this is a college assignment, don't hand in ReMark's drawing as your own, make sure you do it yourself, as your tutor will be able to find out from AutoCAD that you didn't do it

I did not draw anything. All I did was join the lines and arcs together.

The problem was the OP had a bit of an overlap on a couple of the arcs so the lines could not be joined.

thanks for ReMark...i use it as a revision n did not hand it up.

Oh i see, there's overlap between the lines and arcs so that it could not join together... i should trim it then.

hmmm just drew a so called isometric drawing with 3D n 2D way... kinda hilarious when doing it... lol

:o i am still undone with the CD rack lol

now i know how to produce a iso drawing with 3D method, but i am having problem in "how to hatch a 3D object"... :cry:

i know how to fillet all the edges of solid objects but the hatch thing really... :?

To apply a hatch pattern to the face of a 3D object your UCS origin must be relocated to some point on the object itself. It also must be reoriented so the hatch pattern falls in the correct plane.