EXCEL Drawing register using Autocad Title Block Attributes

SimonC

Hi,

I have recently taken on the task of doing some major house-keeping and tiding up of our drawing database and associated project folders.

I was wondering if there was any way at all of creating a Drawing Register for each Project using Excel and populating this spreadsheet with the information from the attributes in the Title Block i.e.: Drawing No., Drawing Title, Date Drawn, Revision No., Revision Description.

If this is at all possible, would the information in the spreadsheet be automatically updated when the drawing attributes are updated?

I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2010.

Any Assistance Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Many Thanks

Regards

Simon

As I responded to you in the other thread you posted in, check out the Global Attribute Extractor (link in my sig), it should perform as required.

Hi Lee,

This looks awesome...... Thank You So Much....

I have gone to your "how to run a LISP" page as I am treading unfamiliar territory. Will give this a go sometime today.

Many Thanks Again

Best Regards

Simon

Hi Lee Mac.,

Your Program Global attribute editor & extractor is quite amazing. But can you re- modify the program some thing like this (refer the attached img file)

date client description drawing no File location

xx.xx.xx

xyz

abcd

xx/x/123

d:\xx\xxxx.dwg

In your program each file name and block is displayed in the top for each drawing extraction.

Instead of that is it possible to append the extracted values in the existing excel file one by one below (instead of creating a new file every time)

Hope you can help out :)

untitled.JPG

Many thanks for your interest in the program.

I am not planning to modify the program any time soon, but I would advise that you experiment with the various modes that the program offers to write the data in different ways, and the data layout is very easily modified when in Excel.

Regards,

Lee

:shock:Hi Lee,

I trust all is well.

I have been experimenting with your Global Attribute Editor and Extractor, and was wondering if you could please take a look at the two attached files, the first is our company Title Block and the second is the Proposed Drawing register where the Attributes from the title Block are to be inserted (in Blue).

Each one of our projects consist of up to 12 drawings of varying sheet numbers and we would like a way of keeping an up to date record of these drawings and their revisions.

Is this possible using your Lisp Program?

Looking forward to your Reply

Many Thanks

Regards

Simon

A3 Title Block.dwg

Drawing Register Demo.pdf

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your interest in my program :)

Extracting the relevant data needed to populate your register is certainly possible, but it would need a bit of manipulation when in Excel unfortunately.

Using my program you can extract all the attributes from your titleblock in many drawings and specify the order in which the attributes are written to Excel.

Hence you could order the attributes in such a way that the first 10 or so are correct, then the remainder would need to be copied to the new line to display the next/previous revisions - as my program will extract all the attributes in one row.

As you can tell from my previous post in response to an earlier request, I am not planning to heavily modify this program, (unless a severe bug is found).

Hope this helps,

Lee

• 2 months later...

Hi Lee

I am looking for an application to extract attribute information to create a drawing register and also to list blocks and their attribute valves within a drawing. Does you program do both of these functions? From the positive feedback you have received the program sounds great.

I have tried to use the Autocad Data Extraction function and found that it was time consuming and often crashed so am looking for a more relaible alternative.

Any help and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thanks & regards Peter