rendering?? extruded walls

dano200

Hi,

I have been searching but not found what I am looking for.

basicaly I have drawn a 3d floor plan using fahim108 excellent tutorial from here http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10523

I have the drawing in 3d but cannot get the walls filled in as per his drawings. Is this term called rendering??

How do you do this?

Many thanks

Daniel

edmodel.docx

There is no reason to render an image if you haven't applied materials to your objects. Simply changing your visual style to the one mentioned above or to Realistic would make it appear just like fahim's example.

thanks,

I have done it using the shade option, but not sure if it is correct but seems to work.

I searched for this visual style conceptual but it seems its only from 2007 onwards. I will look thorugh applying materials etc now

Regards

Daniel

...I searched for this visual style conceptual but it seems its only from 2007 onwards...

Yes, you're right, but you can always use the good-ol' Gouraud+Edges on mode, its pretty much like the Realistic one that I have used. :geek:

Yes, you're right, but you can always use the good-ol' Gouraud+Edges on mode, its pretty much like the Realistic one that I have used. :geek:

thanks, I used the flat, shaded, edges on option to do it. I couldn't see a difference when I changed it to Gouraund+edges on??

the link I worked from is an excellent explanation to work from.