LISP (or other) to load custom .pgp files (acad.pgp)

walton10

AutoCAD 2008

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a way to save and load (open) a .pgp file without manually navigating through the ALIAS EDITOR dialogue box. I am looking to write a LISP function that has two commands. The first command (c:loadWalton10) stores the current settings to a location on the Company Server (such as ...\TEMP.pgp) and then loads my setup from a file also stored on the server (such as ...\walton10.pgp). The second command (c:unloadWalton10) would restore the original settings (from ...\TEMP.pgp).

I would probably add other loads to these commands as I figure them out, which is why I am looking for a LISP program to do it, since I am somewhat familiar with LISP and not at all with VBA; however, whatever language would work I would be interested to see. We use various versions of ACAD at our office, but most are 2008 or more recent.

Thanks very much for your help.

AutoCAD 2008

The REINIT command will allow to re-load the PGP file - not sure if can be called on command line mode (avoid dialog box / user interaction).

Regards,

(setvar "RE-INIT" VALUE)

Reinitializes the digitizer, digitizer port, and acad.pgp file. The setting is stored as a bitcode using the sum of the following values:

1 Digitizer input/output port reinitialization

4 Digitizer reinitialization

16 PGP file reinitialization (reload)

To specify more than one reinitialization, enter the sum of the bitcode values. For example, enter 5 to specify both digitizer port (1) and digitizer reinitialization (4).

eg.

(setvar "RE-INIT" 16)