data extraction

arnoldwanya

hi all!

is it possible to input excel data to autocad and automatically implemented ina a drawing? for example: i have a list of values and list of coordinates for each values. then autocad will implement the these datum. it is like vice versa of data extraction.

anyone has an idea? please....

To clarify, you want an entity to be created using the coordinates you have in excel, such as points or a polyline? What version of AutoCAD are you running?

To answer the question of if it's possible, yes. If you have access to Civil3D you could use point groups and do it that way, I don't know if standard AutoCAD has a similar function, if it's a polyline, the easiest way is to copy and paste the coordinates into Notepad, copy them all, and when AutoCAD asks for points just paste them in, you might not even have to go through the notepad step, I haven't needed to do something like this in a while so I could be wrong.

hi all!

is it possible to input excel data to autocad and automatically implemented ina a drawing? for example: i have a list of values and list of coordinates for each values. then autocad will implement the these datum. it is like vice versa of data extraction.

anyone has an idea? please....

Just do a search in development area of the forum. May also ask a moderator to move your thread in that section.

Regards,