Surface Boundary (many points)

mrreynolds

I have a set of points I've imported from a file. I have imported these points into a new surface. How do I create a boundary without having to connect all the points (thousands of them) with a polyline.

A related question:

Some of the points are the existing centerline alignment, Is there a command that can join all the centerline points without having to join them on point at a time.

Here's a brief video demonstration of one method:

http://www.quuxsoft.com/videos/AddBoundaryToSurface.aspx

As for joining centerline points, you'll probably want into look into the auto linework functionality built-in to C3D 2010. Assuming the points are coded correctly, you can auto-generate ALL linework in your drawing. This linework can also be used to create breaklines in your surface.

It takes some work to get the initial setup done and learn how to code your points, but when done, the bulk of your topos and design surveys will draw themselves, and you'll mostly just need to do the annotation.