AcInetEngine16 Message

Luvrbcs

Did a search, no joy. Nothing worthwhile on Google, also.

When I fire up AutoCad 2008, I get the following message:

Twice!

Any thoughts? I did what it says, but it doesn't make it happy.

AcInetEngine16.jpg

Of the little I can make out the words delete Temporary Internet files seems to be a clue don't you think?

The last sentence in my request solves THAT clue. "I did what it says, but it doesn't make it happy. "

I also found on Google earlier the link you posted. It was not worthwhile, we do not have ZoneAlarm.

Sorry, here's a bigger shot.

AcInetEngine16_Error.jpg

Yep. It has been doing this for several weeks. Everything appears to work fine after, it is more of an annoyance. But, it is consistant. I fire up AutoCAD, message pops up, I click OK, message goes away, message pops up, click OK, and life goes on. Close AutoCAD, open up and do it again. End of the day, shut down, next day turn computer on, start AutoCAD, repeat.

I am also having our IT department look into it, see if they installed anything new on the servers. But, I have little faith in our IT. sigh.

Well the message is pretty darn specific (which is rare) so I have a problem understanding why, if you followed the directions, the problem doesn't go away. Are you on a network or standalone system?

I've read that it is a dll file and may be related to a corrupt Registry.

What OS are you running?

Have you tried running the REPAIR option for AutoCAD 2008?

AcInetEngine16.dll

Description: AutoCAD component

Company: AutoDesk, Inc.

Version: 17.2.56.0

Created: 2/10/2008 3:29 AM

Size: 295KB

Here's my idea. Close AutoCAD. Go to the above folder find and rename the dll file (if you can) to something like AcInetEengine16.dll.old. Install a different copy. Maybe someone in your office who is not experiencing the problem can provide you with a copy. Put that copy in the folder where the old one was.

Shut-down your computer. Wait 20 seconds. Reboot. Open AutoCAD. What happens?

Repair option? I did not know that. I will check.

I'll find a copy of the file and replace it. Wish me luck.

p/s Thanks for the help.

The REPAIR option can be found in the Control Panel under Add/Remove Programs. You'll have to scroll down to AutoDesk 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really know if this was THE fix, but my IT got rid of my user profile and created a new one. Problem solved. Also, my acad.cui file also, somehow, became corrupt and I had no menubars. When IT logged on as admin, they did not have these problems. This is why they replaced my profile.

Again, Remark, thanks for the assist.