AutoCAD 2011 Layer Properties Glitch?

ibnut

Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? The icons for on/freeze/lock disappear in the layer properties as well as the layout pull down. The buttons are still there as I can still turn off/freeze/lock layers but they're just not visible.

I thought it might have to do with my workspace settings, but it's the same with even the default AutoCAD workspaces (3D, 2D and Classic).

I've attached an image of my layer properties menu.

layer_prop.jpg

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

The glitch usually disappears after a windows restart. Not sure how or why the it occurs as I'm not able to replicate on demand.

There will be no issues for days or weeks and out of nowhere the icons will disappear. I've tried opening a different file, changing workspaces and closing/re-opening AutoCAD but all with no luck. The only fix I've been able to find is to re-boot windows entirely.

• 4 months later...

Hi Ibnut,

I've found in the Autodesk forum a solution for this problem. set LAYERDLGMODE to 0 (zero) to use the "old fashioned" dialog box.

I had that problem too but now it's been solved.

Hope it works for you.