How to select different visual styles for different objects

cso

I have drawn a room with some furniture in it and I want to keep my walls 3d wireframe to see through, but I want my furniture to show conceptually. How can I do this? Thanks

That is unfortunate. Is there another way to represent walls so you can see through them without actually hiding them? I'm thinking maybe a shadow type command.

How can I use realistic the way you mention. When I choose visualstyle and then choose Realistic, it just does the whole drawing that way. It doesn't offer me a choice of materials. Is there a different command to use?

Now you are talking more about applying materials, adding lights (or sunlight) and rendering. That's a whole other topic.

I am not the best with materials as I don't use them, but all I did was to attach the standard clear glass material that comes with cad to the walls

you may have to change the Opacity & Translucency to what you want.

Here is a simple example

TRANSPARENT WALLS.jpg