2010 Heidi error after screen lock

ClayV

Hello and thank you for reading this.

We recently installed Acad 2010 on our corporate Dell 630C laptops. It appears to run fine but when we are idle for more than 5 or 10 minutes, the screen locks per our security policy and when we get back into windows the cursor in Autocad is gone. Underneith the Autocad window is a pop up saying there was a Heidi error.

If we click OK then everything comes back as normal.

We never get that error just as we work.

Ideas?

Thanks so much!

Clay :-)

Heidi error. That's the extent of the error message?

Only idea (until you post the full error message) at the moment would to be turn off hardware acceleration and see what happens.

Thank you for helping!

The full error is:

The configured Heidi driver can not be loaded. Switching to default software driver.

Where do we turn off hardware accelleration?

Thanks again,

Yes...kind of. I believe I ran across something similar at the AutoDesk website. When I searched on the word "Heidi" I got 40 hits. Only about 10 of them seemed relevant so I quickly scanned them. That's probably when I encountered the phrase. It may have been in reference to a problem with a graphics card.

Thank you for the link. The only mention of Heidi was the last entry saying they had an issue with it but no ideas.

Thank again for trying.

Really? Maybe the link I gave you was the wrong one.

Here's another approach. Try to find the Heidi driver and replace it. It will end in the file extension hdi and could be related to DirectX.