Critical Problem!!! Help

tinkerbell

Hi all,:cry:

this is really urgent... the thing is... all layers suddenly change to defpoints without me doing any modification to it.

also.. ussually when we want to move our object we will click on the object and later on we use the "move command" - M and enter.

but instead the computer prompt me to "select object"?

HELP! my autoad going crazyyy!!!!!:cry:

ps: tried to restart my autocad n computer but it's still e same...!!!

really appreactiate if someone could help me nw

All layers somehow got moved to the defpoints layer? It did not do it all by itself. Were you using any custom autolisp routines at the time?

You didn't save the drawing did you?

Pickauto=1

Pickadd=1

All layers somehow got moved to the defpoints layer? It did not do it all by itself. Were you using any custom autolisp routines at the time?

You didn't save the drawing did you?

Pickauto=1

Pickadd=1

no I didnt change the layer at all.

custom autolisp routines? what's that?

:(

Do you have a backup copy of the drawing prior to the onset of the problem? Do you have AutoCAD set to create BAK files?

AutoLisp is a programming language. You would know if you were using any custom lisp routines.

Again, this did not happen all by itself. You or someone in your office may have inadvertantly moved all layers to the Defpoints layer. AutoCAD did not do it of its own free will.

:odear friend,

This kind of problems is not a common problem........

this is a fancy error.........

Better attach dwg with post.........in future

defpoint layer objects in current dwg? or x-ref in current dwg?

Any way hope u get solution

By

Mani:shock:

Hi all,:cry:

this is really urgent... the thing is... all layers suddenly change to defpoints without me doing any modification to it.

SO you have everything on one layer now? Could it be that you had everything marked when you changed the Layer?

Hope you have a BAK-file though, don't know another way to get it back. Or perhaps your company does nightly/weekly backups that you can roll-back?

also.. ussually when we want to move our object we will click on the object and later on we use the "move command" - M and enter.

but instead the computer prompt me to "select object"?

change the varibale PICKFIRST to 1, type PICKFIRST then 1.

to all... e thing is.. e layer are all still there n working in e sense whereby.. when i restart e pc and try to edit e drawing it will occasionally change the layers by itself. example.. before i close and restart all layers are in layer "1" and then after i restart it will all be in "4"? sumhw i tot everything is ok.. but e layers just dun work. sumthing is wrong. also my command move n copy has problems. now i realize my "copy basepoint" command not working. it will prompt me to select e object again. so i did select and it turns out it didnt copy the object i wanted it to copy. :( im depressed!!! and no one uses autocad other then me here so i have to sort out this problem myself. help anyone? and the .bak has e some problem. same goes to all drawings.. :'( i only editted 1 drawing all now all drawings gone wrong... anyone encounter this problem b4?

and if so my layers are all in e same layer.. why can i still isolate my layers? :( so my layers are ok. my autocad is crazy now

SO you have everything on one layer now? Could it be that you had everything marked when you changed the Layer?

Hope you have a BAK-file though, don't know another way to get it back. Or perhaps your company does nightly/weekly backups that you can roll-back?

change the varibale PICKFIRST to 1, type PICKFIRST then 1.

changed the pickfirst to 1! it works for the command. thnx! but still having problems with my layers =(

to all... e thing is.. e layer are all still there n working in e sense whereby.. when i restart e pc and try to edit e drawing it will occasionally change the layers by itself. example.. before i close and restart all layers are in layer "1" and then after i restart it will all be in "4"? sumhw i tot everything is ok.. but e layers just dun work. sumthing is wrong. also my command move n copy has problems. now i realize my "copy basepoint" command not working. it will prompt me to select e object again. so i did select and it turns out it didnt copy the object i wanted it to copy. :( im depressed!!! and no one uses autocad other then me here so i have to sort out this problem myself. help anyone? and the .bak has e some problem. same goes to all drawings.. :'( i only editted 1 drawing all now all drawings gone wrong... anyone encounter this problem b4?

:huh: Why do you keep throwing "e" in random places within your sentences? This post is almost unreadable.

Tip: You will get more responses to your questions if you post in proper English instead of this txt speak gibberish. A lot of the regular members of this forum will not reply to questions that are written in this manner because it's just too difficult to understand what's been written.

Now, let me see if I can dissect what you have written and try to understand what the problem is. :roll:

First of all, what do you mean "all layers are in layer 1"? That doesn't make any sense. Layers cannot be inside other layers. Are you trying to say that all drawing entities have been drawn in layer 1? So your entire drawing is on 1 layer? This is a bad habit to get into. You should use different layers for different elements of your drawing.

What do you mean when you say "after I restart, it will all be in 4"? Do you mean that all drawing entities move to layer 4, or are you saying that they split up and move into 4 different layers? This sounds impossible. Autocad will not just rearrange your drawing all by itself.

Are you a student? Are you enrolled in an Autocad course? How much training/experience do you have with Autocad? Do you understand how layers work and why you should be using them? Do you have a book or any training material that you can refer to? It sounds like you're in way over your head. If you don't have a book, I would seriously recommend getting one.

Please attach your drawing file as ReMark has suggested.