How do I trim a hatch drawn between 2 lines?

catzelusa

How do I trim a hatch drawn between 2 lines? it trims the lines but it doesn't wanna trim the hatch. might be a dumb question.. :/ just a beginner one

Why not just hatch again between the two lines?

Perhaps not the best way but works for me (the little bit of hatching I do).

Have to see an example.

I drew a box and hatched it. Then I drew two parallel lines through the box. I then trimmed the hatch between the two lines I just drew. The only hatch remaining was on the outside of each line.

ReMark:

I did the same, rectangle w/ vertical lines.

Was able to hatch 'tween the lines and/or outside of the lines.

I too think, "Best if we could see the problem [issue]." :?

Hatch.jpg

I've had this happen.

on occasion, the trim command will simply refuse to SELECT a hatch.

Also, even if it does allow selecting a hatch, the actual execution time of the command extends into several minutes, and ends with no results, or I hit the esc key out of frustration.

I think it has to do with the density and/or how much area the hatch contains, and the memory usage.

There are two ways to get around this, sometimes one works, sometimes the other.

First erase the existing hatch, and re-hatch the new area if you can. Create a new temporary closed polyline border around the hatch area first.

I have even had to resort to creating the desired reshaped hatch in another "clean" part of model space, and moving it into the original area.

I've had this happen.

on occasion, the trim command will simply refuse to SELECT a hatch.

Also, even if it does allow selecting a hatch, the actual execution time of the command extends into several minutes, and ends with no results, or I hit the esc key out of frustration.

I think it has to do with the density and/or how much area the hatch contains, and the memory usage.

There are two ways to get around this, sometimes one works, sometimes the other.

First erase the existing hatch, and re-hatch the new area if you can. Create a new temporary closed polyline border around the hatch area first.

I have even had to resort to creating the desired reshaped hatch in another "clean" part of model space, and moving it into the original area.

I have had to use the pline approach several times in R14 as well.