Issues converting to a solid

Atticus

Already looked around for a solution to this problem, but have yet to figure it out. I'm newish to AutoCAD (dabbled off and on, but mostly in 2d) but a quick learner.

Basically I'm designing a quarter spiral staircase, more specifically, the stringer to support them. This isn't the final model of the stringer I will be using, but to be able to convert this back into a solid will be helpful so I can subtract other parts of the staircase from it.

The original solid was created using thicken from a 2d polyline converted into a region. I then subtracted a piece from it, exploded the 3d solid and reshaped the wireframe into what you see in my DWG.

I cant seem to turn it back into a 3d solid. CONVTOSOLID gives me a "Cannot convert an open curve" error. I'm pretty sure that the model is closed, but like I said, newish to AutoCAD, and not sure exactly how to check.

Ive been reading (and learning alot from) these forums for a while now, and this is the first issue that I wasn't able to find a solution for. Maybe I'm just not asking the search engine the right questions - and apologies if this is a repost in sheep's clothing.

stringer.dwg

exploded[/b] the 3d solid and reshaped the wireframe into what you see in my DWG.

Ive been reading (and learning alot from) these forums for a while now' date=' ...[/quote']

You should have read to never never never explode a solid (or at least make a backup file first).

You should have read to never never never explode a solid (or at least make a backup file first).

why shouldn't I explode a 3D object? and up try the press pull when I get home, just starting my shift.