Flatshot

myself

hello everybody,

i would like to have your help trying to do something that think impossible, but let's try it.

i have a 3d model of a space with walls, slabs and everything, and i would like to make some flatshots to put later on my 2d drawings, however nothing appears on my flatshots because it only works with 3D Solids, ignoring all the entities like walls, slabs, etc. My question is if there is a way to transform those 3D elements created by programs as Autocad MEP into 3D Solids. Now you are thinking why i dont use the original 3d model on my 2d drawings and arrange them with viewports. My answer is that my drawings become to heavy and harder to manage.

thank you very much for you precious help...

when i make a wall, slab, window or door on Autocad MEP, a entity with the same name is considered by the program, i mean, a wall its a wall entity, when i explode becomes a block reference, if i explode again, becomes a group of 3d faces. My problem is that neither of these elements is represented when making a flat shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Try to see if this works. In Autocad Architecture there is a command that I believe is "aecbldgelevationlineadd". Its long, and im not even sure if that is the exact command. How it worked the last time I used it was that you drew a line and after that was drawn there was a dashed line that you could move that you could encompass the area you want to show in 2D. After that you right click on the line you drew, and there is an option to create elevation or something like that. Im not sure if it works the same in MEP, but its worth a shot. If it does work, you can use it for cutting sections also.