Can a macro navigate a dialogue box?

YZ

What I am trying to achieve is a single button that will perform a series of controlled DRAWORDER changes. Example is to select Contour Layer - send to back, then select all Text, Bring to front.

Is it possible to work through the QSELECT dialogue box when using a macro?

Or alternatively is it possible to navigate QSELECT or an equivalent by using key commands and not a mouse pointer interface?

Note that I use LT 2011, so LISP solutions are not on the menu, sadly.

I was always under the impression that a macro could not navigate a dialogue box and that was the reason for using the command line versions of commands.

The help file does say that a " - " dash suppresses a dialogue box and forces it to the command line.

The help file does not specify about the QSELECT command.

Certainly the RENAME command can be suppressed to the command line.

Has anyone ever been able to use a command line version of choosing a selection set? It does not have to be QSELECT, an example of what I am hoping to achieve is a macro that will select all points in a drawing and erase them.

To select all points and erase them should only be a couple of lines of lisp, no cad on this pc

something like

(setq ss (ssget "points")) look up lisp help and change "points" to correct filter

(while (setq en (ssname ss 0))

; Delete each measured entity from set

(ssdel en ss)

;end while

)

Thanks for your time BIGAL.

Unfortunately I do not have LISP functionality. But I think I may have my answer - not possible except with LISP.

Isaac,

Here is the contents of a script (.scr) file that selects, then deletes all points. This can probably be written in a way that could be used in a menu, but I am not familiar with that kind of customization. Hope you can use this with LT.

select

pro

type

point

delete

p

_stopscript

(the blank lines are carriage returns)

• 8 months later...
Isaac,

Here is the contents of a script (.scr) file that selects, then deletes all points. This can probably be written in a way that could be used in a menu, but I am not familiar with that kind of customization. Hope you can use this with LT.

select

pro

type

point

delete

p

_stopscript

(the blank lines are carriage returns)

Hello CALCAD, thanks so much for this response. I have only in the last month learned to use script files, and so have revisited this. Your script looks so simple and perfect.

My only question is: what does the "pro" mean? Maybe this is something from the full version of AutoCAD, but "pro" spits up an "Invalid Selection" error on my LT.

YZ,

The 'pro' refers to the 'properties' option of the SELECT command. Unfortunately I don't have Autocad LT to test this. I don't have full Autocad either. I have an old version of Intellicad, which is roughly equivalent to Autocad R14, and a more recent version of Bricscad, which is roughly equivalent to recent versions of full Autocad but without solids. Both Intellicad and Bricscad have the 'pro' option, which then allows the choice of 'type', where points could be selected. If there is no 'pro' option available in your LT SELECT command, my only suggestion is to look for some other way to filter objects to isolate the points. QSELECT might allow this. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

• 1 month later...
YZ,

The 'pro' refers to the 'properties' option of the SELECT command. Unfortunately I don't have Autocad LT to test this.

AutoCAD LT looks like this:

Expects a point or

Window/Last/Crossing/BOX/ALL/Fence/WPolygon/CPolygon/Group/Add/Remove/Multiple/Previous/Undo/AUto/SIngle

I cannot find a PROperties or equivalent so I will assume that it is not available in LT. QSELECT is in a dialog box only so it is not an option.

Thanks for your help.